There are several industry fields that you wouldn’t dare to take your standard laptop into. Whether it be a military situation or in a construction zone, a standard laptop is susceptible to all types of damages. In these situations, you need a laptop that will survive out in the field. That is why Rent Our Laptops offers Rugged Laptop Rentals for demanding environments. These heavy-duty laptops are engineered and designed to withstand the harshest professions and environments. All rugged laptops feature enhanced durability and are resistant to drops, spills, dust, extreme temperatures, and more. Some fully rugged laptops do their drop testing from six feet and are still undamaged!
Just like gaming and more powerful productivity laptops, rugged notebooks are pricey. … Working in the field or inspecting hazardous environments make a rugged laptop an ideal purchase. It’s also worth considering if you store valuable data on the device and do not make immediate backups automatically on cloud services.
Rent Our Laptops has both Rugged Laptop Rentals and Rugged Tablet PC Rentals.
What Makes a Laptop Rugged
Most rugged laptops offer most of the following features:
- Shock-Mounted Hard Drive – Internal hard drives are mounted in shock-absorbing compounds, which protect the drive from the impact of a fall or jolt.
- Spill and Dust Resistance – Sealants prevent liquid and dust from getting through the cracks in the keyboard and touchpad.
- Metal Alloy Casing – Heavy-duty casing, which provides extra protection against bumps, jolts, and falls.
- Sealed Ports and Slots – Unique sealing to protect vulnerable areas where liquid and dust could easily enter, such as PC card slots.
- Tempered Glass Displays – Stronger display to prevent cracking or splintering.
- Outdoor-Readable Displays – Screens designed to be read indoors or out. If you plan to take your computer outdoors, check this article named best open air pc cases – technomono.
- No Fan – Unique case construction allows it to work without a fan or vents which can expose internal components to dust and dirt.
- Rigorous Testing – Test equipment against drops, shock, moisture, dust, exposure to extreme temperatures, and more.