Many businesses and restaurants have Wi-Fi spots for people to bring in their laptops to get on the internet. This attracts more people to do business with them. Now it is even more easy and cost effective with Verizon AirLink. This allows you to get on the internet wherever you have signal with your cell phone.
Verizon AirLink does not require anything for you to get on the internet besides having signal with your cell phone. You could be at your house, work, or even out walking and be on the internet. Verizon AirLink is a lot like having a Wi-Fi card.
Verizon is not the only provider for wireless internet cards. Others include sprint, cingular, dell, and desktop.
Some prices for wireless cards for your laptop are:
– Verizon Wireless 5720 Built-in Mobile Broadband (CDMA EV-DO Rev A)- $149.99
– IBM THINKPAD T61 R61 X61 Verizon EVDO WWAN Card 42T0929- $149.99
– Verizon Wireless PC5740 Aircard (Sprint PCS)- $69.99
– Verizon Novatel V620 EV-DO PC Card wireless- $154.99
– Verizon Wireless Express Card – KPC680- $24.99