Maingear has just unveiled its all new gaming laptop, the Nomad 17, dubbing it the “perfect performance mobile solution for gamers and PC enthusiasts alike.” The device itself comes with a third generation Intel Core i7 processor along with Nvidia’s GTX 600 series graphics, giving it enough power and performance to tackle most PC gaming experiences.
Like I said, the Nomad 17 supports third generation Intel quad-core processors up to 3.8GHz and offers up to 32GB of DDR3-1600MHz RAM and support for a plethora of hard drives, including full size SSD and RAID 0 and 1. If you are looking to decrease boot time, an SSD caching option works automatically, allowing for faster load times and disk-insensitive tasks.
The full DX11 and PhysX support, along with Nvidia’s Kepler architecture in the new 600 series graphics solutions, allows for top tier gaming performance. The Nomad 17 comes with Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 675M, which is upgradeable to the GeForce GTX680M. Both feature Nvidia’s unique Optimus Technology, which maximizes power savings by dynamically assigning workload to the built-in Intel HD graphics or the GeForce GPU.
As far as connectivity goes, the Nomad 17 comes with USB 3.0, 2.0, eSATA, Bluetooth, Ethernet, 802.11n, HDMI and VGA out. In addition to that, the Nomad 17 comes in six different colors and features a backlit keyboard, full 1080p HD 17″ display, multi-touch trackpad with gesture and scrolling support and dual speakers with a built-in subwoofer.
According to Gaming Segment Ecosystem Marketing Manager at Intel Joakim Algstam, “The 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors are the perfect fit for Maingear’s Nomad 17. Maingear strives to place top tier components in their system, and the great performance and battery life that our solutions deliver make sure that gamers’ tough demands are met.”
Wallace Santos, CEO anf Founder of Maingear, added, “The Nomad 17 is a thing of beauty. With a custom automotive paint job and performance parts, this roadster of a machine is quite a work of art, technologically and aesthetically. Quite simply, it is the finest gaming laptop we have ever offered.”
Full specs on the Nomad 17 include:
- Processor: Up to 3rd generation Intel® i7-3840QM
- Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M or 680M
- Display: 17.3″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 – (1080p) (16:9 Aspect Ratio) Anti-glare LED Backlit Matte Finish
- Memory: Up to 32GB Dual Channel DDR5 – 1600Mhz
- Optical Drive: Up to 2X Blu-ray reader/8x Multi Combo (BD-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
- Hard Drive: Up to dual 512GB Solid State Drive or dual 750GB 7200RPM SATA 2.5
- Network Adapter: Integrated 802.11n b/g/n wireless
- Audio: THX TruStudio Pro Integrated High-Definition Audio HD Audio with speakers by DynAudio
- Media Card Reader: Built in 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate 64-Bit
- Battery: Removable Li-Polymer Lithium-Ion
- I/O Ports: 1 HDMI out, 1 DVI-I out, 2 USB 2.0, 3 USB 3.0, 1 IEEE-1394 Fire Wire, 1 S/PDIF out, 1 RJ-45 LAN, 1 RJ-11
- Dimensions: (W)16.85″ x (H)2.17″ x (D)11.34″
- Price: Starts at $1,599
Source: Engadget – Maingear announces Nomad 17 gaming laptop, comes with custom paint job