Last week, Lenovo introduced three new laptops, just in time for the release of Windows 7. Among the new laptops is the SL510, a 15-inch ThinkPad that performs extremely well and is made with small to medium-business budgets in mind.
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Dual Core Mobile Processor
- 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 Memory
- 320GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 8x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
- 15.6″ WXGA (1366×768) LED Backlit Display With 2.0 Megapixel Webcam
- Intel GMA 4500MHD Integrated Graphics
- Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/g/n Wireless
- Four USB 2.0, eSATA, HDMI, VGA, ExpressCard/34, 4-in-1 Card Reader
- 15″ x 9.7″ x 1.4″
- 5.7 lbs
- Windows 7 Professional, Office 2007, Norton Internet Security
The ThinkPad SL510 isn’t exactly new. It’s an updated version of Lenovo’s original 15-inch business class laptop. The new version is not the prettiest laptop on the market – it’s very plain and boxy, with a 1.4 inch frame, but it performs well and at a $500 starting price, it’s a great deal for businesses and individuals on a budget.
And don’t let the outside fool you. The computer performs great with its Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 mobile processor combined with its 4GB of DDR3 memory, allowing it to zip through almost any application without compromising battery life.
Usability is also a plus. The keyboard, in traditional Lenovo fashion, is solid and easy to use. It also has a multitouch trackpad or the trackpoint if you’d prefer not to use the trackpad.
Where can I rent one of these? I'm in Orange County.
For laptop rentals anywhere in the country call 800-736-8772 or check out: